Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kindergarten

We got a letter from the school system today telling us what school Robbie will be going to, and giving us the schedule. He will be going Monday., Wednesday and Thursdays all day and I am so nervous for him. He will be riding the bus everyday, which he seems to be excited about, but as far as actual school goes, he's very nervous. Everyday he goes back and forth about how he is feeling. One day he is nervous, the next day he is excited, and the next he says he doesn't want to go at all. It should be interesting to see how he behaves on his first day, September 3rd.

As for me, well I am nervous wreck. There are a million thoughts in my head. What if he hates it? What if he doesn't adjust well? What if he isn't as smart as the other kids? What if he misbehaves? What if he hates the teacher? What if the teacher hates him?! Lol, I'm so very emotional about it. He has to go through this brand new experience, and I can't even hold his hand through it. My first baby is growing up.

The bus will pick him up across the street at 7:45 in the morning, which I am grateful for. Eric will be home at that time in the morning (he doesn't leave for work until 8:15) so he can be with us every morning when Robbie gets on the school bus. That will be a big help. He will be dropped off at 4:29 pm. That is a long day. I don't know how I am going to survive that first day. At least I have austin here to keep me occupied!

No comments: